查看: 1925|回復: 3
打印 上一主題 下一主題

[其它] 知名的老版VB源碼網(wǎng)站planet-source-code網(wǎng)站暫時關閉

[復制鏈接]

點擊這里給我發(fā)消息

跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發(fā)表于 2015-6-26 20:21:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
雖然現(xiàn)在有了github,但我們一直比較喜歡老牌的VB開源網(wǎng)站 planet-source-code,上面有非常多的VB ASP VBA相關源碼,且很多是非常優(yōu)秀的源碼。
但自6月16日以來,這個20多年的老版源碼托管網(wǎng)站被迫暫時關閉,因為數(shù)據(jù)丟失。 這個網(wǎng)站95年一直是我的最愛,我們早期有一個VBA 國外優(yōu)秀源碼翻譯欄目,有很多熱門的源碼也有不少是從這個網(wǎng)站翻譯過來的,聽到這個消息,的確有些可惜。也讓感覺網(wǎng)站 與數(shù)據(jù)備份的重要性!

原網(wǎng)站公告如下:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/

ADDENDUM 6/19/2015: Hopeful news...Planet source code may be returning!! We are looking at restoring from the zip files on the PSC cd. This would restore 50-75% of the bext code (and perhaps purge some of the less desirable code that didn't qualify for the cd). Additionally, the site will be moved to the Microsoft Azure cloud, to eliminate future problems with backups.

We will know in a few weeks whether this works or not. Please stay tuned and thanks everyone for all your kind emails!!

THE BELOW IS NOW OUT OF DATE, but is included for historical info

June 16, 2015

I have some extremely sad news. After 20 years, Planet Source Code is shutting down. The storage area network that stored the uploads experienced a catastrophic hardware failure, and all of the uploads have been lost. Without them, it doesn't make sense to continue running the site.

What happened?

As many of you have noticed, the site has been up and down the last several weeks. The site was hosted on an fairly expensive ($75,000) co-located system with our own private VMware cloud. The data was stored on a state-of-the-art Hewlett-Packard storage area network, with multiple redundancies. The RAID hardware could handle up to two disk failures in any sub partition at one time, and still continue working.

Sometime in the last half year, the site experienced two hard drive failures in the partition that holds the site uploads. But unfortunately, I never knew about it. Due to a technician mistake during setup, the system never alerted an administrator. By the time I happened to notice something was strange, a third drive had failed, which was more failure than the system was designed to handle.

We've been trying for the last couple of weeks to try to recover, and I spent several thousand dollars in technician fees, but unsuccessfully. Unfortunately, the data is lost. Without all the code, planet source code has no purpose to continue running.

Very sad, but proud too

Looking back, I'm very proud of what Planet Source Code accomplished. It was one of the very first open-source websites, before the concept of open source even existed. It's been an incredible resource for millions of programmers. I poured my heart and soul into it for two decades, so this is a difficult moment.

A labor of love

I also poured my pocketbook into it: many years the immense bandwidth with the site uses has cost more money to run than it made back in advertising. But the site wasn't about money: it was about programming. I've been honored to be able to interact with so many of my fellow programmers on the site. And I wish all of you the best.

As always, keep on coding,
Ian Ippolito
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空間QQ空間 騰訊微博騰訊微博 騰訊朋友騰訊朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖 訂閱訂閱
2#
發(fā)表于 2015-6-26 21:57:20 | 只看該作者
本帖最后由 lshstruc 于 2015-6-26 21:58 編輯

正如VB6一樣,終歸是要退出舞臺的,就算數(shù)據(jù)不丟失,也會逐漸被遺忘。所以這是他注定的命運。
windows98-2000-xp-vista-7-8-10.........,總有天,不再支持vb6的。
我是搞力學出身的,當年在古老的dos平臺下,有一個叫SAP90的著名有限元軟件,純命令行,所有的東西都要人輸入,沒有深厚的專業(yè)知識功底,連模型都建不出來,運算連想都別想,連三峽大壩都用他校核過應力和應變,很多老一輩的力學院士,教授都用過,歷史發(fā)展到現(xiàn)在,有限元軟件遍地開花,midas,ansys,maglor,pkpm,國產(chǎn)的strat等等,現(xiàn)在都是全圖形化界面,對話框輸入,支持鼠標拖拉建模。。。。。。。,很多東西都是傻瓜化操作,黑箱操作,很多用軟件的人,可能把結果算出來了,但是結果是怎么來的,自己根本就說不清楚。
這是社會發(fā)展的必然。

點擊這里給我發(fā)消息

3#
發(fā)表于 2015-6-27 05:57:03 來自手機 | 只看該作者
真可惜,那些經(jīng)典的代碼。

點擊這里給我發(fā)消息

4#
 樓主| 發(fā)表于 2015-6-27 09:59:49 | 只看該作者
lshstruc 發(fā)表于 2015-6-26 21:57
正如VB6一樣,終歸是要退出舞臺的,就算數(shù)據(jù)不丟失,也會逐漸被遺忘。所以這是他注定的命運。
windows98-2 ...

是的,的確是的
您需要登錄后才可以回帖 登錄 | 注冊

本版積分規(guī)則

QQ|站長郵箱|小黑屋|手機版|Office中國/Access中國 ( 粵ICP備10043721號-1 )  

GMT+8, 2024-10-23 08:37 , Processed in 0.101211 second(s), 31 queries .